Friday, March 26, 2010

Granddaddy Daycare is, well, grand


Now on my second day of partial day daycare, I thought I would begin to describe the experience. Unlike yesterday where she slept most of the time, today after sleeping for quite a while after her mother feeding at 5:00 AM, she decided she was rested enough. Thank goodness she plays well with her hanging floor toys or I wouldn't be able to write this now.

She also seems to enjoy the banging bodies of basketball. I had to turn the sound off to get her to finish her bottle. Once she did that, it wasn't long before she filled her diaper to overflowing, literally. I must have put the back of the diaper too low when I changed her after she awoke. After wiping her backside and a new higher diaper, I put a clean pair of pajamas on her and laid her down to play.

She is a delight with a ready smile, especially to my silly song repertoire, which encourages me to sing. She also smiles at herself in the mirror. I'm not sure she realizes that it is her in the mirror but just the other day she looked at her image, looked at my image, and then looked at me. She repeated this three times before getting distracted. (Or maybe I moved on. She is getting heavy.)

I can't help but think that life has some interesting compensations. If a couple of major changes hadn't happened in my life, I wouldn't have been in a position to enjoy my first grandchild nearly so much.

Next Tuesday will be a full teaching day of Granddaddy Daycare. I'm looking forward to it! A longer time to teach her to say Granddad, or Gaga, or anything I can claim she is saying Granddad.

1 comment:

  1. She is a pretty little thing. So nice for you to bond like this! You are so blessed to be nearby.

    ReplyDelete