Sunday, June 14, 2009

It was only to the store

I only rode my motorcycle to the grocery store and back but it was enough to get me in the "can't wait" mood. I can't wait for Friday! Friday is when I head out across country to West Virginia. Unfortunately, I have more than enough to keep me busy until then.

First, I have yet to set up my listserv account so I can get my Spot location messages to all that indicated they wanted them. I'm not sure my motorcycle ride will be all that interesting, location-wise that is, but the location reports to, from, and in Alaska should be.

Second, I have to complete my resume. Not only do I want to take a few copies with me on the off chance that I become completely enamored with some community I'm passing through, I need to get it posted to CALJOBS in order to be eligible for unemployment insurance. With the financial state that California is in, I'm not sure how eligibility will translate into money. It would be great to have my mortgage covered while I am still out of work.

Third, I am taking a grant writing class in two days. I met with the head of the National Lymphedema Network Friday to get information on grant proposals that need written. I will be taking my notes, paper, pens, and computer to begin the proposal writing on my trip, and for writing other stuff.

Fourth, I need to find someone to water plants and check on cats. It turns out the other two recent residents of this house will also be heading off on their own shorter trip, eight days, on the same day I am. That is just too long to let the cats and plants go without looking after. Hopefully someone who has looked in on the cats for free in the past for really short trips will be willing to do it for some compensation for the much longer time.

Fifth, I need to pack, no small effort. I've decided that I won't bother cooking, which will simplify my packing considerably. Since I'm going to be making time on the expressways, I will be close to restaurants and grocery stores. I'll take Cliff bars and water and maybe a sliced loaf of my homemade bread.

Sixth, I want to have some fun. After all, so far we've been working to fit what they brought and what I already had into the house, and we still have a little of that left to do, almost non-stop. In fact, I think I will stop this and watch one of the two movies I got from the local rental.

I'm sure there is more but you may not be interested in the detail I've already included. If I don't blog again until I'm on the road, I'm sure you will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment